The EcoReco S5 is for commuters that want to travel light without sacrificing comfort, safety, or performance. It's a thoughtfully designed, top-quality, durable electric scooter you can depend on for your daily commute.
The S5 is the most compact and affordable electric scooter in EcoReco's fleet. It's a full 8 lbs lighter and 2" shorter than the M5. In fact, at 28 lbs and 34"x12"x6" folded, the S5 is one of the lightest, most compact, professional grade electric scooters sold today.
The EcoReco S5 has a 36v, 600w peak motor that delivers powerful acceleration. It easily tackles moderate sized hills and inclines. While most models in this weight class are uncomfortable to ride, the S5 is an exception to the rule. It's designed with full sized handlebars and a wider deck. High-performance suspension in the front and rear cushion bumps in the road. The handlebars are sturdy. They don't have the loose, jittery feel found on many other commuters. The EcoReco S5 artfully combines practicality and comfort.
Safety is another key benefit built into the design of the EcoReco S5. A safe-start mechanism prevents false starts. To get going, give the scooter a push, then pull the throttle while it’s in motion. A three-stage braking system assures a smooth, fast stop. Triggering the brake cuts power from the motor, then applies the brake to the rear wheel. An omni-directional tail light keeps you safe at night.
EcoReco offers several innovative features you won't find on most electric scooters. A regenerative braking system refuels the battery when you brake. This advanced component helps maximize range. The top speed is configurable. Set it to 20, 12 or 7 mph depending on your riding style. Limiting speed extends range to up to 20 miles per charge. An open section built into the frame lets you lock it when you leave it.
Additional features include; An all-purpose gadget mount on the handlebars. Attach your phone, camera, Go-Pro, or any other compatible accessory. An LED back-lit dashboard offers riding stats on the go. It charges fast taking only 2 hours to recharge to 70% capacity. The EcoReco S5 is easy to carry. Just pick it up by the stem when folded. When you get where you're going it fits easily in the trunk, gym locker, under your seat or pretty much anywhere. Will travel over 500 miles on $1 of electricity.
For your convenience, the EcoReco S5 is delivered fully assembled and pre-charged to 50% capacity so you can ride it straight out of the box. It's a fantastic all-around commuter.
Specifications• Speed: 20 mph
• Range: 10 - 20 miles
• Motor: Super efficient and quiet 250w (600w peak) zero-drag brushless rear hub motor.
• Frame: Sturdy 6061-T6 aircraft quality aluminum / stainless steel frame. Aerodynamic design. High-performance front coil over suspension and rear swing arm suspension.
• Drive System: Direct drive rear hub motor. No chain or gears. A configurable safe-start mechanism prevents false starts. Trigger throttle lever.
• Battery: 36v, 8ah high density Li-ion battery. 1,000+ charge cycles.
• Charge Time: 4.5 hours (charges to 70% capacity in just 2 hours).
• Brakes: Rear-wheel drum brake. Three-stage braking for added safety. Triggering the brake cuts power from the motor, then applies the brake to the rear wheel.
• Dimensions: Length: 36", 18.5" deck, 34" folded
Width: 22", 5.5" at deck, 12" folded
Height: 46", 6" at deck, 2.5" ground clearance, 6" folded
• Weight: 28 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 250 lbs.
• Tires: 6” x 1.75" solid tires never go flat. The wide tire design provide superior handling and traction.
• Warranty: 6 month manufacturer's warranty, 9 months on the battery and motor with registration, 1 year on the frame and fork.
Standard Features• Adjustable height handlebars that fold for easy storage. The handlebar grips fold as well. Height is adjustable to 34", 37", or 40" from the deck.
• Energy Recovery Braking system (E.R.B.). This regenerative braking feature helps to maximize range.
• On/Off power button.
• Back-lit multimode LED dashboard with speedometer, trip meter, battery status, odometer, and total charge cycles.
• Front fender and rear fender.
• Integrated omnidirectional brake light. The light is always on and gets brighter when the brake is applied (reword).
• All-purpose gadget mount on handlebars.
• Smart battery charger.
Additional Info• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized EcoReco Dealer in business since 2002.
• No assembly required!
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (relative to carrying capacity), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
- Speed (mph) : 20 - 24
- Range (miles) : 20 - 24
- Motor (watts) : 601 - 800w
- Battery (type) : Lithium
- Weight (lbs) : 26 - 50
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 201 - 250
The thing I want from a scooter is its comfort and portability. In all fairness, this Ecoreco S5 is working out really well. The handle bars are comfortable, it's foldable and lightweight, and the build is beautiful. Didn't really know that it would have a mount for my gopro, that's like a super big bonus. So far, I think it's pretty awesome!