The Grow-Ped push scooter is a miniature version of the Know-Ped. The Grow-Ped has been designed with the young kick scooter enthusiast in mind (ages 4 – 8).
Go-Ped has crafted this push scooter with shorter handlebars and a smaller frame and deck to properly fit the younger rider. Parents love that Grow-Peds include the same safety features that make the Know-Ped so popular.
For increased safety and stability, the Go-Ped Grow-Ped scooters use the same size wheels and extra wide foot deck as the Know-Ped. The Grow-Ped also offers a heal operated fender brake on the rear wheel plus a fool proof, spring-loaded slide tube feature that protects the folding mechanism on the handlebar during operation.
The original solid color Grow-Ped is powder coated with a super durable mandrel bent frame. It has a carry capacity of 300 lbs. and costs an extra $25. The new multi-colored models are made from a lighter material, standard paint, the neck tube is welded rather than bent and can carry 200 lbs. We don't know many 4 - 8 year olds that top 200 lbs, so this lighter, kid colored model has become a recent customer favorite.
Go-Ped's are made in the USA and the company is world renown for its dedication to Go-Ped perfection.
Specifications - Grow-Ped• Frame: Patented heavy duty, light weight, 4130 Chromoly aircraft quality steel frame and single sided fork. Aircraft grade 6061-T6 hardened aluminum handlebar. Signature style Go Ped wooden deck. Multi-colored Grow-Ped comes with a lighter frame.
• Brakes: Rear heal operated spoon fender.
• Grow Ped Dimensions: Length 28", of deck 13"
Width 13", of deck 7"
Height 33", when folded 13"
Deck height 3"
• Weight: 10 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 300 lbs. for solid color model, 200 lbs. for multi-color.
• GrowPed Scooter Tires: 6" x 2" Go-Active tires on Mach-12 rims.
• Warranty: 90 day manufacturer's warranty with a LIFETIME warranty on the frame and forks.
Standard Features• Handlebars that fold and lock for easy transport and storage.
• Carry strap.
• (Optional) Front brake kit. Everything you need to install a front caliper brake. The standard heel operated brake offers plenty of stopping power. The front brake is a nice bonus feature. Add $39.95.
Additional Info• Recommended age 4 to 8.
• No assembly required! Simply raise and lock the handlebars and you're ready to ride.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 34" x 12" x 11.5", 15 lbs.
- Weight (lbs) : 10 - 25
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 301 & up
I really like the grow ped. I had trouble balancing on the little decks and this one has a really wide one. it's easy to stay on it. the wheels are cool, too. i don't have any trouble on bumps like i used to with my old razor.
The cracks in the sidewalk are no longer a concern. This is american made top quality and buying from Urban Scooters is the best way to go.