The GSR Cruiser gas powered scooter is one of Go-Ped's top selling models. It's great for beginners who want an affordable, comfortable, safe and easy-to-learn first scooter as well as experienced motorheads who love all the aftermarket parts available to tweak the scooter. Chassis upgrades and screaming engines mods are widely available. The GSR Cruiser has plenty of power for top speeds around 24 mph and torque for fast starts and great hill climbing. The 29cc GPL290 engine is much quieter and more "neighbor friendly" than the beefier engines found on Go-Ped's competition scooters. The GSR Cruiser is geared for great all-around performance. The centrifugal clutch allows the engine to accelerate or decelerate seamlessly. Stopping power comes from the front Mad Dog caliper and double ground and hardened stainless steel Wave disc rotor braking system. The GSR Cruiser is extremely reliable and the frame is bulletproof.
Go-Ped launched the motorized scooter craze over 30 years ago and has been designing the most high-end, innovative and refined scooting machines ever since. Go-Ped's are made in the USA and the company is world renown for its dedication to Go-Ped perfection.
GSR Cruiser Specifications• Speed: 24 mph
• Range: 35-40 miles (at about 100 mpg).
• Motor: 29cc 2.5 HP GPL290 two-stroke air-cooled gas powered engine with a non-adjustable, maintenance free carburetor.
• Frame: 4130 Chromoly GSR chassis and cantilevered 4130 forks, 6061 T6 aircraft grade aluminum handlebars with slightly wider than the standard crossbar for better handling, with a “Flexdynamic” deck designed to absorb shock. 3 inches of ground clearance.
• Start Method: Pull Start.
• Drive System: Chain drive with a centrifugal clutch. Freewheel capable.
• Oil Type: 2 cycle oil
• Fuel Type: Unleaded Gasoline (high octane recommended)
• Gas Mix: Unleaded gas and 2 cycle oil @ 40:1
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 1.5 liter
• Brakes: Front Mad Dog brake caliper brake and double ground and hardened stainless steel Wave disc rotor.
• Dimensions: Length 44"
Width at handlebars 17.5", at deck 9.75"
Height 42.5", when folded 17.5"
• Dry Weight: 32 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 400 lbs.
• Tires: 10" pneumatic, all-terrain KENDA 671 street tires on high impact, ultra-light, black “Mach 4” wheels. (Please note: As of 7/10 wheels are now black, not silver in color)
• Go-Ped Warranty: 90-day Go-Ped manufacturer's warranty with a 2-year warranty on the frame and forks.
Standard Features• Handlebars that fold and lock for easy transport and storage.
• Seat Kit (optional): The Go-Ped Seat Kit comes in red and black. A black seat kit ships with the blue GSR Cruiser.
Additional Info • Not legal for use in California. This scooter does not comply with California's strict emissions standards. Click here for more info.
• Assembly: Install handlebars (if not already installed), perform a safety check, tune, and break-in the engine. See the manual for more info. Please note: improper fuel mix, maintenance, or break-in can damage the engine and is not covered by the warranty.
• Ships with the new Go-Ped all black deck. See picture above.
• Take a look at the GSR Cruiser Owner's Manual!
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (relative to carrying capacity), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 42.75" x 17.5" x 16.75", 91 lbs.
• Other tops of the line city/cruising style gas scooters from GoPed: Go-Ped Sport and GSR Sport.
- Speed (mph) : 20 - 24
- Range (miles) : 40 - 59
- Engine (cc’s) : 29cc
- Weight (lbs) : 26 - 50
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 301 & up
We got two of these for our kids (Debbie 17 & Junior 16). They love them! My husband actually sent me a link to this Go-Ped cruiser, and I had to do some research before we bought them. We were looking for something good quality and not too complicated. This one has a smaller motor and isn't as loud and we like that, too. The kids are happy, the husband and I are happy, all is well. 🙂