The Go-Ped Sport gas scooter is the one and only original California Go-Ped. This gas scooter is an American classic. The Go-Ped Sport can be attributed to the launch of the motorized scooter craze over 30 years ago. The Go-Ped Sport is solid, a no-frills gas scooter that’s extremely reliable and easy to maintain.
It's perfect for teens and active adults who demand top quality product at a great price. The Go-Ped GPL290 engine is small and lightweight, yet powerful and provides smooth, thrilling acceleration, great hill climbing torque and speeds of up to 22 mph. A unique feature of the Go-Ped Sport gas scooter is the original, simple and reliable Go-Ped direct friction drive system. The heavy duty aircraft quality steel frame of the gas scooter supports up to 400 lbs. The wide, low riding platform gives a smooth and stable ride, and the scooter folds for easy storage and transport. The Go-Active™ rubber tires are solid which means no flats!
Go-Ped Sport Gas Scooter Specifications
• Speed: 22 mph
• Range: 26 miles (that's about 100 miles per gallon!)
• Engine: The GPL290 engine has a displacement of 29cc and boasts a power of 2.5 HP
• Frame: Patented heavy duty, lightweight, 4130 Chromoly aircraft quality steel frame and single sided fork. Aircraft grade 6061-T6 hardened aluminum handlebar. Signature style Go-Ped wooden deck.
• Start Method: Recoil pulls to start and bumps (push) start. Operates using the original Go-Ped direct drive starting method. Use the recoil pull starter to warm it up. After the initial start, the engine is warm and you can bump start the engine (pushing the scooter forward with one foot while standing on the deck with the other). See video.
• Drive System: A simple, reliable direct friction drive system (Go-Ped direct drive scooters do not idle).
• Oil Type: 2 cycle-oil.
• Fuel Type: Unleaded gasoline (high octane recommended).
• Gasoline Mix: Unleaded gas and 2 cycle oil @ 25:1
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 1 liter.
• Brakes: Caliper front brakes and rear engine compression braking.
• Dry Weight: 20 lbs.
• Sport Gas Scooters Dimensions: Length 34", Width at Handlebars 13", at Deck 9.25", Height 42", Height when folded 14", Ground Clearance 3"
• Carrying Capacity: 400 lbs.
• Tires: 6" Solid Go-Active™ Rubber tires wrapped around Mach 12 reinforced high impact polymer rims. Solid tires mean no flats!
• Warranty: 90-day Go-Ped Warranty with a 2-year warranty on the frame and forks.
Go-Ped Sport Gas Scooter Standard Features
• Handlebars that fold and lock for easy transport and storage.
• The original "Goped" with a huge selection of aftermarket parts.
• Extremely Efficient drive system with only one moving part.
• Converts to a standard push scooter by disengaging the drive.
• Lightest weight and compact design.
• The Go-Ped Sport now ships with a new and improved deck. See photo above.
More Info About the Go-Ped Sport Gas Scooter
• Not legal for use in California. This scooter does not comply with California's strict emissions standard. Click here for more info.
• No assembly required. Simply raise and lock the handlebars.
• Take a look at the Go-Ped Owner's Manual.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (relative to carrying capacity), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 36.5" x 13.5" x 13.25", 47 lbs.
• Other tops of the line city/cruising style gas scooters from GoPed: GSR Sport, and GSR Cruiser.
* Go-Ped T-Shirt ships separately and delivers 2 - 3 weeks after scooter.
- Speed (mph) : 20 - 24
- Range (miles) : 25 - 29
- Engine (cc’s) : 29cc
- Weight (lbs) : 10 - 25
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 301 & up
I have purchased at least 4 scooters for my son age 13. this IS the very first that actually worked without having to "work on" the equivalent of the ride time. My son and I are very pleased with the purchase and it is proof positive that YOU DO get what you PAY FOR. This scooter screams and is built very well. I do recommend a couple extra spark plugs till the motor is broke in well. If it doesn't start after e few pulls, put a new plug in and it will fire up fine. You cant just clean the plug ,replace it. After broke in well the plugs will last. The plugs are available at any auto parts store, I get mine from Advance Auto parts