Imax S1+ Electric Scooter
The Imax S1+ electric scooter is a winner of the prestigious Red Dot Award. Quality, comfort, and power are key to the success of this professional commuter scooter.
A 500w gearless direct drive hub motor powers the Imax S1+ electric scooter. The motor is super quiet, smooth, and delivers a top speed of 20 mph. It boasts a peak output of 750w and is happy to carry you over hilly terrain.
A 48 volt, 10 amp lithium-ion battery transports you up to 20 miles on a charge. Two unique features help the Imax S1+ achieve maximum range. A power assist feature puts you in charge of the power output from the motor. Choose from five speed settings. The higher the setting the greater the top speed, the lower the setting the greater the range. A kick-start safety feature not only prevents false starts, but conserves battery power. Up to 20% greater efficiency is achieved by giving the scooter a push before throttle.
The Imax S1+’s aluminum alloy frame, wide handlebars, and spacious deck give the scooter an incredibly solid and stable feel. The fit and finish of this model are impressive. The Imax S1+ doesn’t offer suspension, but that’s ok. It doesn’t need it. Extra large 10” x 2” air-filled tires along with superior design bring about an extremely comfortable ride. An extra large 140mm rear disc brake offers strong, smooth braking. 4.5” of ground clearance comes in handy when you meet a curb.
While some electric scooters offer a few handlebar height selections, the Imax S1+ can be adjusted to any height from 36” to 45” tall. It folds and locks quickly, then you can carry it or simply lift it by the front tire and roll it on the rear wheel. The fixed monochrome LCD display on the handlebars has a speedometer, odometer, battery level indicator, and power assist setting.
While the Imax S1+ isn’t the most compact or the lightest professional quality electric scooter on the market, its advantages are significant.
Best Electric Scooters of 2018 ranked #3!
• Speed: 20 mph
• Range: 20 miles
• Motor: 500 watt rear gearless direct drive hub motor. 750 watt peak output.
• Frame: Superior aluminum alloy frame.
• Drivetrain: Direct drive hub motor (no chain or gears), trigger throttle with variable speed. Motor inhibitor when braking.
• Battery: 48v, 10ah lithium-ion batteries. 600 charge cycles.
• Charge Time: 3 hours.
• Brakes: Powerful 140mm rear disc brake with Tektro lever.
• Dimensions: Length 45.5”, 40.5” folded
Width 7.5”, 6” folded
Height 36" to 45" (adjustable), 15.5” folded
• Weight: 36 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 230 lbs.
• Tires: Large 10” x 2” air-filled tires.
• Warranty: 1 year warranty.
• LCD display w/ battery gauge, power level setting, speedometer, and odometer.
• Integrated mechanical bell.
• Integrated taillight.
• Auto-sleep after 5 minutes preserves battery power.
• Front and rear fenders.
• Battery charger.
• USB port.
- Speed (mph) : 20 - 24
- Range (miles) : 20 - 24
- Motor (watts) : 401 - 600w
- Battery (type) : Lithium
- Weight (lbs) : 26 - 50
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 201 - 250
It's totally heavier than other pro commute scooters I've tried, but way more solid and comfortable to ride. I tried the Glion and it's good and all, but too small for me. The Razor ecosmart is kind of junky. This one doesn't feel like it's gonna fall out from under me. I really love the Imax.