MotoTec Electric Trike 48v 500w
Eligible for Price Match
HOLIDAY SALE: Returns extended to Jan 9th! Warranty start date extended to Dec 25th! Delivers in 2 - 5 days. Details.
The MotoTec 500w Electric Trike Personal Transporter is a step up from the 350w MotoTec model. This scooter adds 150w of power and an extra battery to the mix. The two upgrades combined boost the trikes speed from 15+mph to 20+mph without sacrificing range. In addition, the rear tires are more than double the size of the 350w. The larger tires handle bumps better and give you a smoother ride. Think of this scooter as a less pricey alternative to the Segway, but with a bonus wheel and seat for added stability and comfort.
Furthermore, the MotoTec 500w Electric Trike is packed with all the cool features found on the 350w model, like a removable seat, ability to climb 10-degree inclines, keyed ignition, folding handlebars, a front-facing LED head light, mudguards, and a battery meter.
The Mototec series of Electric Trikes is a favorite among active seniors and disabled folks. They’re for anyone too cool for a mobility scooter that needs help walking long distances and a third wheel for balance.
For those who settle for nothing but the very best, check out MotoTec’s top-of-the-line 800w electric trike.
On Sale Today: Use coupon code SAVE6 for 6% off + a FREE t-shirt!
Specifications • Speed: 20+ mph
• Range: 20 - 25 miles
• Motor: 500-watt brushless front hub motor.
• Frame: High-quality strength steel frame with durable ABS plastic body.
• Drive System: A twist throttle activates the motor.
• Battery: Four 12v, 12ah SLA (sealed lead acid) batteries. 48v system. Over 300 charge cycles.
• Charge Time: 4 - 8 hours.
• Brakes: Front drum braking system.
• Dimensions: Length 41"
• Weight: 93 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 240 lbs.
• Tires: Top quality air-filled pneumatic street tires. A 16" tall x 2.125" wide front tire and two 9" rear tires.
• Warranty: 30-day manufacturer’s warranty and LIFETIME technical support!
Standard Features • Folding handlebars for easy storage and transport.
• A wide, comfortable seat. The seat can be installed or left off for stand-up riding.
• Forward and reverse.
• A small wheel in-between the 9" rear wheels for added safety and stability.
• Smart battery charger.
• Keyed ignition.
• Battery level indicator.
• LED headlight.
• Carrying basket.
Additional Info • UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized MotoTec Dealer in business since 2002.
• Some assembly required.
• This is an electric trike. It doesn’t meet the legal requirements of a mobility scooter.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (relative to carrying capacity), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Free t-shirt shipped separately (2 - 3 weeks after purchase).
- Speed (mph) : 20 - 24
- Range (miles) : 25 - 29
- Motor (watts) : 401 - 600w
- Battery (type) : SLA
- Weight (lbs) : 76 - 100
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
My granddaughter gave this electric trike to me as a gift, we chose it together and I absolutely love it. I have had it for only a couple of weeks, and I don't think I can manage without it anymore. It takes me from place to place easily. I tried an electric bike for awhile, but my balance isn't what it used to be. I learned how to maneuver this MotoTec electric trike pretty quickly, and now, I feel like I'm a pro. Two thumbs up to this electric trike. I'm so grateful, you can't even imagine!
Ordered 2 of these 500w trikes, one for myself, and one for the girlfriend. It is January in Michigan now, so haven’t had a chance to get them outside yet, but we have been zipping around the house with them, and wow, lots of fun! They were a little tricky to put together, and of course the instructions aren’t that great (would be nice if there were a step-by-step YouTube video for it). One of the trike’s battery cover does not line up and fit correctly, but is on somewhat at least, and isn’t that noticeable. Overall, it seems pretty well made. It definitely has some weight to it, but 2 people have no problem lifting it. One person “could” lift it, if it, but it’s a little awkward shape. At it’s widest point (outside of rear wheel to outside of rear wheel) is about 27 1/2 inches, and from front to back is about 40 inches. They are very peppy and do have a variable twist throttle. They are very quiet and smooth while moving. They are also very stable. You can turn very sharp when it’s necessary. Also has reverse (thankfully, with no BEEP BEEP sound) that’s works flawlessly. If you’re looking for a way to get around without having to walk long distances, this trike will work nicely. To be able to sit down on the surprisingly comfortable seat, to being able to stand up in a comfortable position, these trikes, at the price they are, are the best option of all the other scooters in my opinion. Now, we just can’t wait for the weather to get nice outside so we can ride these babies down to the beach! Get one, you won’t regret it...
It maneuvers well, but don't take it on grass or gravel. There's no traction, the front wheel just spins. It's best on pavement, but handles solid dirt. I'm 165lbs and I get up a moderate incline with good power. It turns on a dime, so tight spaces are no problem. This is my second MotoTec trike. I got my first from Walmart. A couple parts were broken and it was a nightmare working with them. A friend told me about UrbanScooters and they've been great. Really nice company and professional service!