The MotoTec 800w Electric Trike is the most advanced in the line up of MotoTec Electric Scooters. Compared to their 500w trike, it offers a style upgrade, whopping 300 additional watts of power, a removable battery pack for external charging, larger and sturdier frame, rear disc brakes, plus super-sized rear wheels. It’s like a Segway with three wheels at only a fraction of the cost.
This three-wheeled MotoTec 800w Electric Trike is perfect for active seniors, long hours on the convention floor, security and warehouse operations, events and any situation where you need to go farther than your feet will take you.
This electric trike has an 800w hub motor that delivers over 1 hp and speeds of 20+ mph. The powerful 48v battery system transports you up to 20 miles. Ride comfort is enhanced by 12-inch air-filled rear tires. The same tires on the 500w model are only 9-inches tall.
MotoTec’s top-of-the-line MotoTec 800w Electric Trike is sturdy, stable, comfortable and won’t break the bank… we think it’s the ultimate electric trike.
MotoTec 800w Electric Trike Specifications
• Speed: 20+ mph
• Range: 15 - 20 miles
• Motor: 800-watt brushless hub motor in the center of the front wheel. 15-degree climbing ability.
• Frame: High tensile strength steel frame with durable ABS plastic body. 3" of ground clearance.
• Drive System: A twist throttle drives the hub motor (no chain or belt required).
• Battery: 12v, 12ah sealed lead acid battery system (4 batteries and 48v total). The battery pack can be easily removed and charged while disconnected from the trike. 300+ charge cycles.
• Charge Time: 4 - 8 hrs.
• Brakes: Disc brakes on both rear wheels.
Height 55", 32" folded
• Weight: 95 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 240 lbs.
• Tires: A 16" tall x 2.5" wide pneumatic tire in the front. Two 12" pneumatic tires in the rear.
• Warranty: 30-day manufacturer’s warranty and LIFETIME technical support!
Standard Features on MotoTec 800w Electric Trikes
• A wide, comfortable seat. The seat can be installed or left off for stand-up riding. The seat height is adjustable from 23" to 26" from the ground.
• Folding handlebars.
• LED headlight.
• Smart battery charger.
• Keyed ignition.
• Battery meter light.
• Forward and reverse drive.
• Front and rear fenders.
• Carrying basket.
• An anti-tipping safety feature (a small wheel between the rear wheels adds stability).
• Max incline of 10 degrees.
• Manufacturer's recommended age: 13 & up
Additional Info on this Electric Trike
• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized MotoTec Dealer in business since 2002.
• Some assembly required.
• This is an electric trike, not a mobility scooter. This trike is not intended for use by people with disabilities.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (relative to carrying capacity), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 37” x 32” x 19”, 108 lbs.
- Speed (mph) : 20 - 24
- Range (miles) : 20 - 24
- Motor (watts) : 601 - 800w
- Battery (type) : SLA
- Weight (lbs) : 76 - 100
- # of Wheels : Three
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 201 - 250
This electric trike is so powerful! It startled me when I sat down for my first ride. It takes off so fast! I'm glad I had both hands on the handlebars. It has a beautiful build and is very comfortable. It's doing what it's supposed to do, only more powerfully and I like that. I am also loving the basket! Very worth its price.
This trike goes beyond what I expected. The frame seems pretty durable, and it takes a while before the battery level goes low. It's also pretty easy to charge it and get used to it. The size of the seat is wide and very comfortable, and the basket is good for any gear I'm hauling around.
Love my trike! Had it about a month and it is fast and fun! DO NOT pay any attention to the pitiful assembly guide..... my 7 year old grandson could have written a better one! You do not have to put the fuse in which by the way is located inside the battery box if you need to replace it later! Other than assembly on your own.... I am basically satisfied... could have better tires... doesn't have very good traction.