The MotoTec 48v 1200w Electric Trike delivers tremendous torque. It’s able to tackle any terrain! The 1200 watt servo motor drives it to speeds up to 15 miles per hour. It travels 20+ miles on a charge. This three wheel electric scooter can be ridden while sitting or standing. It’s perfect for us at events, security and warehouse floor operations… or for fun!
The MotoTec 48v 1200w Electric Powered Trike features an oversized 24" pneumatic front tire, two 12" pneumatic rear tires and a removable seat. This personal transporter is easy-to-use. Just twist the throttle to go and trigger the front and/or rear hydraulic brakes to stop. It comes with key ignition, battery level indicator, reverse mode, and a carrying rack. It's like a three wheel Segway but at a fraction of the cost!
Delivery: $109.95 discounted freight fee. Additional fees for select East Coast states and residential delivery apply. Click here for more info.
Lift Gate Option: Select “Yes” and the freight company will bring a hydraulic lift to lower the crate to the ground. Select “No” if three strong adults will be available to lift the 255 lb. crate off the truck.
Specifications• Speed: 15 MPH
• Range: 20+ miles
• Motor: 1200 watt servo motor.
• Frame: High tensile strength steel frame.
• Drive System & Gearing: Transmission, differential gearbox (no chains or belts). Twist throttle.
• Battery: Eight 12v, 12ah sealed lead acid batteries (48v total), 300+ cycles.
• Charge Time: 4 - 8 hrs.
• Brakes: Front and rear hydraulic brakes.
• Dimensions: Length: 61”
Width: 27" at handlebars, 34" at rear wheels
Height: 46” to top of handlebars, 17” at rear rack, 11" at deck, 6" ground clearance
• Weight: 216 Lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 400 Lbs.
• Tires: 24” air-filled front tire, 12” air-filled rear tires. Rear tire size: 13x5.00-6.
• Warranty: 30 day manufacturer parts replacement warranty and lifetime technical support.
Standard Features• Forward and reverse mode.
• Padded extra-wide saddle seat. Adjustable seat height from 32.5" to 36.5".
• Carrying rack.
• Battery charger.
• Battery level indicator.
Additional Info• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized MotoTec Dealer in business since 2002.
• The trike is almost fully assembled, just fix the front wheel, handlebars, and seat.
• This 1200w MotoTec Electric Trike does not meet the legal definition of a mobility scooter.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (relative to carrying capacity), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Carton Size & Weight: 38x37x28 inches, 255 lbs.
• When purchasing three or more, contact us for a volume discount.
- Speed (mph) : 15 - 19
- Range (miles) : 20 - 24
- Motor (watts) : 1001 - 1500w
- Battery (type) : SLA
- Weight (lbs) : 201 & up
- # of Wheels : Three
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 301 & up
This is our first time buying an electric powered trike. We're happy we went with this MotoTec. We used it to haul stuff during a renovation of our shop. Now that that's done, my family uses it just for leisure. We're very happy with this trike. Overall, great experience.
Being handicapped and an avid camper while having a wife who loves to walk, the MotoTec trike scooter is a perfect fit. I can keep up with the missus and it gets me from point A to B with ease on dirt and stone campground roads while still being able to haul supplies. It does take some getting used to while operating a trike is much different than riding a bike.Being in the mechanical fields my whole career, I can honestly say this is a very well built machine. The crew at Urban scooters have been extremely helpful with ordering and quick with answering questions before ordering and after receiving the scooter. I would recommend Urban scooters and this product for fun or short term transportation
I have an indoor Zappy I use to get around the house, but living in Florida, taking it outdoors has issues. Sand causes the front wheel to loose traction, etc. The Mototec is perfect for the outdoors. One thing that I'm having a hard time getting use to is the initial twist of the throttle. It could really use a soft start or a throttle similar to the one on the Zappy. I'm a retired aerospace engineer (age 74) and am really impressed with the quality of the design and manufacturing with this trike.