The MotoTec MiniMAD Electric Scooter is an 800w, 36v, lithium powered, low profile street version of the famous MotoTec MAD 1600w scooter. It’s perfect for riders who want VELOCIFERO style in a smaller package.
The MiniMAD boasts an advanced lithium-ion battery system making it much lighter than its big brother. While the MAD checks in at 106 lbs, the MiniMAD is a lean 62 lbs. The MiniMAD is made for the street. It trades in the humongous off-road tires for 11" street tires. It’s also much more compact. It’s 7" shorter than the MAD and 10" smaller when folded.
An 800-watt brushless hub motor delivers over 1 horsepower. It cranks out plenty of power and torque to handle a good sized hill. The advanced lithium battery system carries you up to 20 miles per charge. Standard features include; dual headlights, rear disc brakes, a comfortable yet stylish seat, twist throttle, a uniquely shaped bamboo footrest, rear hub drive and adjustable height handlebars that fold for easy transport and storage.
The MotoTec MiniMAD is an Alessandro Tartarini creation. Tartarini is one of the world’s top 100 industrial designers. He has engineered the MiniMAD electric scooter to be simultaneously elegant and ergonomic… the perfect combination of function and fashion.
Specifications• Speed: 18+ mph
• Range: 15 - 20 miles
• Motor: 800 watts / 12ah brushless rear hub motor.
• Frame: High-grade steel and alloy. Bamboo deck/footrest. Exquisitely balanced with an ergonomic design.
• Drive System: Direct rear hub motor drive. Variable speed twist throttle.
• Battery: 36v lithium batteries.
• Charge Time: 4 - 8 hours.
• Brakes: Rear disc brake.
• Dimensions: Length 45".
Width 12" at a deck.
Height 18" when folded.
• Weight: 62 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 265 lbs.
• Tires: 11" tall air-filled street tires. 90/65-6.5 in the front and 110/50-6.5 in the rear.
• Warranty: 60-day manufacturer’s warranty and LIFETIME technical support!
Standard Features• Key start.
• Adjustable height, folding handlebars.
• Comfortable, padded, stylish seat.
• Dual headlights.
Additional Info• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized MotoTec Dealer in business since 2002.
• Some simple assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (relative to carrying capacity), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 47" x 14" x 18”, 66 lbs.
- Speed (mph) : 15 - 19
- Range (miles) : 20 - 24
- Motor (watts) : 601 - 800w
- Battery (type) : Lithium
- Weight (lbs) : 51 - 75
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
I've had three scooters in my lifetime, two of which were electric. This is by far the lightest of them all. It does everything I need. It's powerful enough to get me up the hill at work, light enough to carry, and everything is stored in its smaller than usual body. Best of all, it's very comfortable. Two thumbs up for this one. My new favorite!
I ride a Bird from the subway to work. Only problem is they’re gutless and sometimes all of them are taken. I researched for about a month and went with the Minimad. It’s got 3x the power of Bird and normal sized tires. It’s also really solid, handles better, and is much more comfortable to ride. No problems or complaints, so far so good.