The MotoTec SandMan 49cc Go Kart is a solid, sweet lookin’ kart with lots of power. The 2-stroke, 49cc engine launches you to speeds of 30 mph and the tank holds enough gas for a 20 mile ride.
The SandMan burn rubbers on paved roads and tears through the earth like there’s no tomorrow. On or off road, this go-kart is a lot of fun! It’s solidly built with front and rear bumpers, 8" knobby off-road tires, a powerful vented axle-mounted rear disc brake, direct chain drive to maximize top speed, a padded seat for comfort and seat belt for safety.
Specifications• Speed: 30 mph
• Range: 20 miles per tank
• Motor: 49cc two-stroke gas engine (EPA approved).
• Frame: High tensile strength frame, including front and rear bumpers.
• Drivetrain: Direct chain drive with an automatic centrifugal clutch (no gear reduction). Variable speed finger throttle.
• Oil Type: Two-stroke.
• Gas Mix: Unleaded gas and two-cycle oil @ 32:1.
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 1 liter.
• Brakes: Vented axle-mounted rear disc brake.
• Dimensions: Length 52"
• Weight: 89 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 200 lbs.
• Tires: 8 inch pneumatic knobby off-road tires.
• Warranty: 30 day manufacturer's warranty and LIFETIME technical support.
Standard Features• Padded seat with seat belt. Seat folds.
Additional Info• Not legal for use in California. This scooter does not comply with California’s strict emissions standards.
• Some simple assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (relative to carrying capacity), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 54" x 32" x 16", 85 lbs.
- Speed (mph) : 30 & up
- Range (miles) : 20 - 24
- Engine (cc’s) : 49cc
- Weight (lbs) : 76 - 100
- # of Wheels : Four
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 151 - 200
I surprised my girlfriend's son with a Sandman for his birthday. He loves it! There's a trail in the back of the house that he gets out to after school. No complaints, but it's not for everybody. His best friend is 5'6 and can't get comfortable in the seat. He's too cramped up.