The 2018 X-Treme Baja 48v folding electric mountain bike is the top-of-the-line foldable electric bike from X-Treme! Just like X-Treme’s other 48v models, it’s driven by a high torque 500 watt Bafang® motor and draws power from a 48v, 10.4ah, lithium LiPo4 battery pack. It hits speeds of 25 mph without pedaling and can reach 45+ mph with pedal assist. The Baja has triple the range of the 24v X-Cursion folding model traveling up to 70 miles on a charge.
Bafang’s specially designed zero resistance clutch motor eliminates drag, so the Baja freewheels like a regular bicycle. The LiPo4 battery is hidden in the frame and easily removed. In fact, riders often carry an extra battery pack with them to extend the bikes range. In manufacturer testing, the Baja performed like a champ. It climbed a 5 - 7% mountain grade at 18mph continuously for 45 minutes.
Where the Baja parts ways with X-Treme’s other 48v electric bikes is in its folding frame. The 100% hand welded frame is made of lightweight, durable 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy. A sturdy mid-frame hinge allows the bike to fold perfectly in half. The X-Treme Baja can be stored in tight spots and is a perfect two wheeled travel companion!
The X-Treme Baja 48v Folding Electric Mountain Bike carries high-end components from the best bike manufacturers in the business. It features Suntour® XCT front end suspension & KS rear shocks, Atlus Shimano® 9-speed shifting and gear system, Tetko® disk brakes on both Kenda® brand tires, King Meter® SPAS, Velo® brand hand grips and a Velo mountain bike seat.
The X-Treme Baja can be powered in three ways;
1) You can pedal it.
2) You can kick up your feet, thumb the throttle and let the motor do all the work.
3) Turn on the King Meter 5-Speed Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) to make pedaling a breeze… and the throttle is always standing by when you need a burst of speed.
The King Meter SPAS delivers power from the motor as you pedal. While standard power assist only has one power setting, the King Meter SPAS offers five. The higher the setting the more power is delivered to the rear wheel. The “smart” five speed option makes it twice as efficient as helps increase range. SPAS is controlled through a LCD screen mounted to the handlebars. The LCD also offers a speedometer, odometer and battery life indicator. As an added bonus, the King Meter SPAS has a USB phone charging port, too!
UrbanScooters.com Exclusive: We include a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike.
Delivery: Ships by the next business day and delivers within 5 days of shipment. More info.
• Speed: 25 mph without pedaling (up to 45+ mph when using pedal assist).
• Range: Up to 28 miles using throttle only, 70 miles when set the lowest SPAS setting, or pedal for unlimited range.
• Motor: Bafang 500 watt rear hub clutch motor. This high torque motor offers zero resistance and an internal digital torque sensor.
• Frame: Hand-welded, lightweight 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy. 18" frame. Suntour® XCT hydraulic front forks, KS rear shock suspension, Wellgo aluminum pedal set, aluminum alloy mountain bicycle handlebars, front sprocket and VP gooseneck.
• Drive System: Hub drive (electric motor located in the hub of the rear wheel). Chain drive for pedaling. 9 speed Shimano Atlus shifter and gears. Variable speed thumb throttle. King Meter LCD Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) with USB phone charging port. Sealed smart controller (48v, 15ah).
• Battery: Lightweight 48 volt, 10.4 amp Lithium LiPo4 sealed battery pack. The batteries are inside the frame and accessible when the bike is folded. The pack is easy to remove and can be charged when away from the bicycle. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time: Up to 3 hours.
• Brakes: Front and rear Tektro disk brake system.
• Dimensions: Length 68", when folded 28"
Width at handlebars 25", when folded 25"
Height 38", when folded 38"
• Weight: 56 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: The manufacturer specs say 350 lbs. We recommend a max weight of 300 lbs.
• Tires: Pneumatic Kenda mountain tires on aluminum wheels. Size 26" x 2.10". Flip lever quick release axles on both the front and rear wheels. Joytech quick release front hub.
• X-Treme Warranty: 1-Year manufacturer's warranty covering all manufacturer's defects, now upgraded for FREE to a LIFETIME WARRANTY with free tire and tube replacement! Lifetime Technical Support included.
• 48v output UL certified smart charger.
• Aluminum rear cargo rack w/ rear reflector.
• Snap-On LED headlight (not covered by warranty).
• Drink holder mounted to handlebars.
• Lifetime Technical Support.
• Velo mountain bike seat with adjustable aluminum alloy seat post. Seat height adjustable from 32" - 38".
• Smart Power Assist System LCD Display includes; battery level indicator, SPAS assist level indicator, odometer, and speedometer.
• Velo hand grips.
• Front and rear spoke reflectors.
• (Optional) Extra Battery Pack: Double your range with an extra easy-swap Baja battery pack.
• Some minor assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 55" x 9" x 28”, 68 lbs.
• Free t-shirt shipped separately (3 - 6 weeks after purchase).
Why Buy An X-Treme Baja From Us?
UrbanScooters.com is X-Treme's oldest Authorized Dealer, happily selling electric bikes since 2002.
We go a step beyond the competition by offering a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike. The plan includes a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, No Restocking Fee, and Premium Delivery Support.
- Speed (mph) : 25 - 29
- Range (miles) : 60 & up
- Motor (watts) : 401 - 600w
- Weight (lbs) : 51 - 75
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
- Wheel Size (in) : 26”