The 2019 X-Treme Catalina Electric Beach Cruiser is the exact same seashore themed electric bike as the 48 Volt X-Treme Laguna with the exception of the frame. The Catalina comes with a step-through easy access frame.
The Catalina by X-Treme is powered by a 500w motor that jets you to speeds of up to 25 miles per hour. If you want to go faster, just pedal. The motor can handle medium hills all by itself, there’s no need for pedaling. In X-Treme testing, this ebike held a speed of 18 mph on a 5-7% grade for 45 minutes! The advanced 48 volt LiPo4 Lithium battery system offers tremendous range. You’ll travel 28 miles on battery power alone and up to 70 miles while using the Smart Power Assist System (SPAS). The battery pack is easy to remove and can be charged remotely.
The X-Treme Catalina electric beach cruiser has a laundry list of features not usually found on an electric bike this affordable. It’s fully loaded with awesome stuff like a 9 speed Shimano® Altus gear & shifter system, Tektro® disk brakes, Suntour® 700C hydraulic forks for a smooth ride, King Meter® LED Smart Power Assist System (w/ power assist level indicator, speedometer, odometer and battery level indicator), Kenda® beach tires, zero resistance gearing on the motor so it freewheels, an extra wide and comfortable Velo® spring cushioned seat, advanced LiPo4 batteries, quick release axels, LED headlight, basket, cargo rack and much more.
To make pedaling easier, activate the Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) feature. It automatically applies power to the rear wheel as you pedal. As opposed to the standard Power Assist System (PAS) on X-Treme’s 24-volt electric bicycles, this system is smart and twice as efficient. PAS only offers one power option. SPAS offers five. With SPAS the higher the setting the more power you send to the rear wheel and the easier it is to pedal.
The X-Treme Catalina Electric Beach Cruiser can be powered a number of different ways:
1) Pedaling Only.
2) Twist And Go – There’s a variable speed thumb throttle for instant speed. The harder you press, the faster you go. You can also pedal while using the throttle.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – Switch on SPAS and the motor applies power to the rear wheel while pedaling. Five power assist settings are available. The higher the setting the more power is delivered to the back wheel. If you need an extra burst of speed, just thumb the throttle.
If you’re looking for a beachgoer with a step-through frame, but the Catalina is out of your price range, check out the X-Treme Malibu Electric Beach Cruiser.
UrbanScooters.com Exclusive: We include a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike.
Specifications• Speed: 25 mph using throttle only or pedal assist. Pedal hard to go faster... as fast as your legs will take you.
• Range: Up to 28 miles using TAG only, 70 miles when using the lowest SPAS setting. You can always pedal for unlimited range.
• Motor: Bafang® 500 watt rear hub motor with a clutch. The motor is zero resistance, high torque and has an internal digital torque sensor.
• Frame: 18" lightweight, hand-welded 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy frame. Aluminum beach cruiser fenders over both the front and rear tires keep the sand off you while you ride. The aluminum handlebars are angle adjustable for comfort and allow you to ride in an upright position. Every component is aluminum so the bike is immune to rust. Suntour 700C hydraulic front forks. Aluminum alloy front sprocket and VP gooseneck.
• Drive System: Rear hub drive (motor located in the center of the rear wheel). Chain drive for pedaling. King Meter LCD Smart Power Assist Digital System (SPAS) with USB phone charging port. 9 speed Shimano Altus gears & shifter. Variable speed thumb throttle. 48v 15ah sealed smart controller.
• Battery: 48 volt, 10.4 amp lightweight Lithium LiPo4 batteries in a sealed pack. The battery pack is quickly and easily removable and can be charged when away from the bike. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time: Up to 3 hours.
• Brakes: Front and rear Tektro disk brakes.
• Dimensions: Length: 70"
Width at handlebars: 25.5"
• Weight: 61 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: The manufacturer lists 350 lbs, however, we recommend the weight not exceed 300 lbs.
• Tires: 26" x 2.10" Kenda pneumatic beach cruiser tires on aluminum wheels. Flip lever quick release axles on the front and rear wheels.
• Warranty: 1-Year manufacturer's warranty covering manufacturer's defects. Lifetime Technical Support included.
Standard Features• 48v output UL certified smart charger.
• Battery operated Snap-On LED headlight (not covered under warranty).
• Lightweight folding wire basket can attach to the handlebars or rear rack.
• Drink holder.
• Lifetime Technical Support.
• Smart Power Assist System LCD Display includes; battery level indicator, SPAS assist level indicator, odometer, and speedometer.
• Comfortable adjustable height Velo brand beach cruiser seat (30.75" - 38.5").
• Aluminum rear carry rack with a rear reflector.
• Velo brand hand grips.
• Front and rear spoke reflectors.
• (Optional): 1-Year or Lifetime Warranty Extension (including free tire and tube replacement).
• (Optional) Extra Battery Pack: Purchase an extra easy-swap Catalina battery to carry with you to extend your range.
Additional Info • Some minor assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• X-Treme advertises the Catalina can hit 45 mph+. We’ve found that’s usually only with a very strong rider on a down hill run.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 55" x 9" x 28", 69 lbs.
Why Buy An X-Treme Catalina From Us?
UrbanScooters.com is X-Treme's oldest Authorized Dealer, happily selling electric bikes since 2002.
We go a step beyond the competition by offering a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike. The plan includes a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, No Restocking Fee, and Premium Delivery Support.
Q: Are the LED Headlight, Cargo Rack, Front Basket, Front & Rear Fenders, Drink Holder and Tool Kit standard equipment?
- Speed (mph) : 25 - 29
- Range (miles) : 25 - 29
- Motor (watts) : 401 - 600w
- Battery (type) : Lithium
- Weight (lbs) : 51 - 75
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
- Wheel Size (in) : 26”
First of all, this bike is so beautiful! But that's not what I really like about it. I wanted a beach cruiser with a powerful motor. This one is 500 watts and that's really good. I'll be riding it more often to test it out, but right now, I am so happy with the X-treme Catalina. I super love it!