The X-Treme City Express Super Folding Electric Bike is a full sized bicycle that gets you where you need to go, then quickly and easily folds into a pint-sized package for transport or storage. It's fitted with a 300-watt brushless electric motor that propels you to a top speed of 15 mph and is powerful enough to handle the light terrain and small hills. The state of the art, "easy swap", lightweight lithium battery system keeps it moving for up to 25 miles (unlimited range when pedaling). If 25 miles on electric power alone isn't enough, buy an extra "easy swap" battery pack to double your range.
You can pedal your City Express, flip over to Pedal Assist mode for an easier ride and give it throttle when you need a boost of power. It’s powered in three different ways:
1) Whiz along by pedal power only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) - twist the throttle and engage the 300-watt electric motor. Pedaling is optional.
3) Pedal Assist (PA) - each time the pedals make a complete rotation, the motor delivers power. PA mode makes pedaling your City Express super easy. You can also use the TAG feature when in PA mode.
X-Treme Scooter's City Express electric folding bike sports both front and rear WinZip disc brakes, an adjustable seat, a 100% aluminum alloy 6061-T6 TIG welded (hand welded) frame and 16” aluminum mag wheels with a quick release hub on the front wheel. The fast and easy folding feature reduces the bicycle to 30" Length x 35" Height x 12" Width. That's small enough to fit in a locker! The entire bike is only 40 lbs. Just fold it, grab the sturdy carrying handle and off you go. Since this model is classified as an “electric bicycle”, you can ride without a driver's license, registration or insurance in most states (visit our electric bike law page for more info).
For an entirely different approach to folding electric bicycle technology, check out the X-Cursion folding electric mountain bike.
Delivery: Ships by the next business day and delivers within 6 days of shipment. More info.
• Speed: 15 mph (or as fast as your legs can pedal).
• Range: Up to 25 miles per charge (or as far as your legs can pedal).
• Motor: 300-watt brushless rear hub motor.
• Frame: Rigid front fork. Lightweight, hand-welded, 6061-T6 TIG aluminum alloy frame.
• Drive System: Pedal assist / Twist and Go power options. Variable speed twist throttle. The motor is located in the hub of the rear wheel and drives the rear wheel directly. A single speed human powered pedaling system with a single steel chain wheel, chain and forged alloy cranks.
• Battery: 24 volts, 8 amp system. 7 lightweight Li-Ion batteries (3.6v each) in a sealed removable pack. The battery pack is "easy swap" and can be charged while attached to the bike or removed and charged remotely. A battery life of 500 to 700 cycles (charges). Key lock.
• Charge Time: 4 – 6 hours.
• Brakes: Front & rear WinZip brand disc brakes.
• Dimensions: Length 50", folded 30"
Width at handlebars 22", folded 12"
Height 35" - 39" depending on handlebar adjustment, folded 35"
• Weight: 40 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 300 lbs. per X-Treme Scooters, but we suggest no more than 250 lbs.
• Tires: Top quality Kenda 16" air-filled pneumatic tires. The front wheel has a quick release hub for easy removal. Spoke reflectors. Aluminum mag wheels.
• X-Treme Warranty: 90-day manufacturer's Signature Series warranty including a 1-year warranty on batteries and Lifetime Technical Support. FREE Priority Level Warranty Support Upgrade from UrbanScooters.com!
• Quick, the simple folding feature allows for easy transport and storage.
• Adjustable height handlebars (35" - 39").
• Low profile, extremely soft, double rubber spring seat with the adjustable seat post.
• LED headlight.
• Smart Charger.
• Battery indicator.
• Sturdy carrying handle.
• Reflectors on wheels, pedals, and seat.
• Extra Battery Pack (optional): Grab an extra battery pack for the road. Just slide the old pack out and the new pack in to for added range.
• Some simple assemble (brake adjustment, handlebars, front wheel, seat).
• You can double your range by purchasing an extra City Express Battery Pack.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• The range and speed noted are per the manufacturer. Please be advised, some customers have reported a slightly lower range and speed with this model even under ideal conditions.
• Product photos are the previous years model, some minor differences may appear in this years model.
X-Treme Bonus Pack! Get These Free Items w/ Purchase (sale ends today):
• Giant™ U-Lock: Keep your bike secure with a U-Lock from industry leading cycling company, Giant ($49.95 value).
• X-Treme Logo T-Shirt: In a variety of adult and youth sizes ($24.95 value).
- Speed (mph) : 15 - 19
- Range (miles) : 25 - 29
- Motor (watts) : 201 - 400w
- Weight (lbs) : 26 - 50
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
- Wheel Size (in) : 16"