With the X-Treme Newport Beach Cruiser, you can take on the beach! This electric bike is surprisingly light and tough with a 100% hand-welded aluminum frame. It also boasts heavy-duty aluminum rims and 26" x 2.25" Kenda® whitewall balloon cruiser street tires. Lightweight but rugged aluminum front forks handle the rough stuff while the extra wide cruiser handlebars make it all look easy. The extra fat cruiser bike seat is supported by dual springs for extra cushioning to soften the ride.
The top of the line X-Treme Newport Beach Cruiser has plenty of thoughtful features and accessories that come standard. The folding basket is included free of charge and mounts seamlessly on the handlebars or either side of the rear cargo rack. A toolkit, battery-powered clamp-on LED headlight and full aluminum mudguard fenders are all included. Front and rear JAK® disk brakes plus front, rear and wheel-mounted reflectors keep you out of trouble and easily visible. The motor offers zero resistance, so pedaling is a breeze.
The front wheel hub includes a quick release for easy transport and the battery pack features a quick disconnect to make removing the battery simple and fast. The battery pack can be charged on the bike or easily removed to charge at home or at the office. Using the smart charger included with the bike you will be fully charged and ready to go again in just 4 hours. It's a sweet ride!
For the same model with an easy access step-through frame, check out the Malibu Elite Beach Cruiser.
UrbanScooters.com Exclusive: We include a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike.
X-Treme Newport Beach Cruiser Specifications
• Speed: 20 mph
• Range: 15-20 miles per charge. Pedal for increased range.
• Motor: 300-watt brushless hub motor in the middle of the rear wheel.
• Frame: 100% aluminum, super lightweight, 18” beach cruiser frame, handlebars, fenders, and forks. Angle adjustable handlebars are designed for comfort and allow the rider to sit in an upright position. Quick release front axle.
• Drive System: Chain and rear hub electric motor drive. Zero resistance gearing that eliminates drag from the motor when pedaling. 7 Speed Shimano Tourney® Gears & Shifter. Variable speed twist throttle. Three power options: 1) Pedal only, 2) Pedal Assist (PA) - the motor intelligently applies power as you pedal, 3) Twist And Go (TAG) - twist the throttle and go! The tag is available while in PA mode as well.
• Battery: 24 volts, 9.6 amp lightweight Lithium LiPo4 Batteries in a sealed pack (seven 3.6v, 9.6ah batteries total). The battery pack can be easily removed. It can be charged while attached to the bike or while detached. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time: 4 hours.
• Brakes: Front and rear JAK® disk brakes.
• Dimensions: Length 71", Width at handlebars 26"
• Weight: 50 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: The manufacturer says 350 lbs, but we suggest a max weight of 275 lbs.
• Tires: 26" x 2.25" Kenda® pneumatic balloon street tires on aluminum rims.
• X-Treme Warranty: 1-Year manufacturer's parts warranty, plus a Lifetime warranty on the frame, and Lifetime Technical Support. Clip-on LED headlight not covered by warranty.
X-Treme Newport Beach Cruiser Standard Features
• Assembly toolkit.
• Front and rear beach cruiser fenders.
• Cargo rack.
• Folding wire basket. Can be placed on rear rack or handlebars.
• Clip-on LED headlight.
• Front and rear reflectors and reflectors on the spokes.
• A big, comfortable, fully adjustable (32" to 38") beach cruiser seat with dual spring support.
• Key ignition.
• Single leg kickstand.
• Battery indicator.
• Smart Charger.
• Optional Extra Battery Pack: Double your range, buy an extra "easy-swap" battery pack and take it with you when you ride.
Additional Info About This X-Treme Electric Bike
• Some assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 54.5" x 8.5" x 28", 60 lbs.
Why Buy The X-Treme Newport From Us?
UrbanScooters.com is X-Treme's oldest Authorized Dealer, happily selling electric bikes since 2002.
We go a step beyond the competition by offering a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike. The plan includes a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, No Restocking Fee, and Premium Delivery Support.
Our 110% Price Match Guarantee, No Sales Tax and Free Shipping offers also apply! Details.
Q: Are the LED Headlight, Cargo Rack, Tool Kit, Full Coverage Aluminum Fenders / Mud Guards, and Front Basket standard equipment?
- Speed (mph) : 20 - 24
- Range (miles) : 20 - 24
- Motor (watts) : 201 - 400w
- Battery (type) : Lithium
- Weight (lbs) : 26 - 50
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
- Wheel Size (in) : 26”
I didn't expect the Newport would be this awesome, it's beautiful. I got the metallic white one. It's solid and powerful enough. I don't like being hunched over like on some mountain bikes. I like the cruiser style because I can ride sitting up. It did need a bit of an assembly, but it's all worth it!