The 2019 X-Treme Newport Elite Max 36 Volt beach cruiser is an upgraded version of the 24 volt Newport electric bike. It has extra power, a next-level pedal assist system, and of course, up to two times the range... which makes your fun in the sun twice as nice!
While the pedal assist system (PAS) on the 24v Newport only offers two power options, the next-level PAS on the 36v model allows four options to better suit your riding needs. You can set PAS to; pedal only, low, medium, or high.
A 36v lithium battery powers the Newport Elite Max from X-Treme. It's driven by a 300-watt Zero Resistance rear hub motor. Charge it up, and the Newport Elite Max goes 20+ mph for up to 25 miles! The battery recharges super fast, in less than 4 hours. For convenience, it can be charged away from the bike (at home or the office). The battery is compact and mounts to the frame under the seat where you’ll hardly notice it.
This high-value electric bicycle has a lightweight frame that’s 100% hand-welded. You’ll love the feel of this sturdy, easy-to-carry electric beach cruiser. The 7-speed gear and shifting system is from Shimano, the battery pack has seven compact lithium cells that run at 36 volts and 10 amps (only 8 amps previously), it sports Kenda® 26" x 2.125” beach cruiser style balloon tires on aluminum rims, the quick release front axle and quick disconnect rear wheel are waterproof and ready for a day at the beach. A LED panel on the handlebars gives you access to the Power Assist System (PAS). Forward and rear JAK® brakes deliver quick, smooth stops. An extra wide, comfortable beach cruiser seat with dual springs provides comfort as you ride. A free folding basket can be attached to the front handlebars or on either side of the rear rack.
This stellar, feature packed electric beach cruiser is not only perfect for a day at the beach but wherever your travels take you.
UrbanScooters.com Exclusive: We include a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike.
Specifications• Speed: 20+ mph
• Range: 30+ miles on a single charge. Pedal for greater range.
• Motor: 300w brushless rear hub motor.
• Frame: Step-over style 18” beach cruiser frame. Extremely lightweight, durable 100% aluminum frame, handlebars, fenders, and forks. Quick release feature on the front axle.
• Drive System: Rear hub electric motor and chain drive. Variable speed twist throttle. 7 Speed Shimano Tourney® Gears & Shifter. Zero resistance gearing that eliminates drag from the motor when pedaling. Three power modes: 1) Pedal only, 2) Pedal Assist (PA) - the motor applies power as you pedal, 3) Twist And Go (TAG) - twist the throttle for power on demand! TAG is available while in PA mode as well.
• Battery: Lightweight 36 volt, 10 amp LiPo4 Lithium Batteries in a sealed pack. The battery pack can be quickly and easily detached. Batteries can be charged whether attached to or removed from this ebike. Key lock.
• Charge Time: 4 hours.
• Brakes: Front and rear JAK® disk braking system.
• Dimensions: Length 70"
Width at handlebars 27"
• Weight: 57 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: The manufacturer says 350 lbs, but we suggest a max weight of 275 lbs.
• Tires: 26" x 2.125" air-filled Kenda® balloon street tires on aluminum rims.
• X-Treme Warranty: 1-Year manufacturer's warranty. Lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support. The removable headlight is not covered.
Standard Features• Oversized, comfortable, and adjustable beach cruiser seat with dual spring support. Seat height is 33" to 39".
• Front and rear beach cruiser fenders.
• Angle adjustable beach cruiser handlebars. Designed for comfortable sit-up riding.
• Wire folding basket can be mounted to handlebars or rack.
• Cargo rack.
• Lifetime Technical Support.
• Smart Battery charger.
• Tool kit.
• Snap-on LED headlight.
• Kick stand.
• Battery level indicator.
• Rear reflector and reflectors on the spokes of each wheel.
Additional Info• Some assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 54.5" x 8.5" x 28", 67 lbs.
Free Lifetime Warranty: Free warranty upgrade from 1 year to the life of your bike. Warranty includes tires and tubes! ($150 value). More info.
Free Giant® U-Lock: Keep your bike secure with a U-Lock from industry leading cycling company, Giant ($50 value).
Free X-Treme Logo T-Shirt: In a variety of adult and youth sizes ($25 value).
- Speed (mph) : 20 - 24
- Range (miles) : 30 - 39
- Motor (watts) : 201 - 400w
- Battery (type) : Lithium
- Weight (lbs) : 51 - 75
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 301 & up
- Wheel Size (in) : 26”
My son bought this, then went away to school. He asked me to charge it every month to keep the batteries in shape. I took it around the block one day and fell in love. When he comes home this summer, I’m buying another one for myself. It’s a solid, and well put together beach cruiser and a lot of fun. I also need the exercise, and it helps me get outside.