The 2019 X-Treme Rocky Road Fat Tire Electric Mountain Bike is a 48 volt model for riders who love the look and feel of monster-sized tires. Oversized MOZO® hydraulic forks go a step further to cushion bumps on the trail.
The Rocky Road is part of X-Treme’s 48 volt series of electric bikes and shares much in common with its brothers and sisters. All 48 volt models are built using higher quality materials, components and deliver greater performance.
The X-Treme Rocky Road 48v electric mountain bike is packed with top-of-the-line components like MOZO® hydraulic front forks, KS rear suspension, 500w Bafang® motor, Tektro® disk brakes, advanced LiPo4 battery pack, Shimano® Altus 9 speed shifter and gears and oversized Kenda® mountain bike tires.
The Bafang 500w motor puts out 200 watts more power than X-Treme’s 24v models. You’ll reach a top speed of 25mph with plenty of torque to take on medium sized hills and mountainous terrain without pedaling. The battery system cranks out 48 volts and will deliver you up to 70 miles when using power assist. The battery pack is easily removable, can be charged remotely and come with a key lock. In manufacturer testing X-Treme 48v ebikes maintained a speed of 18mph on a 5 - 7% mountain grade for 45 minutes!
The Rocky Road is equipt with a King Meter® Smart Power Assist System (SPAS). Flip the switch and the motor delivers power to the rear wheel as you pedal. The amount of power depends on which of the 5 settings you choose. This “smart” power assist system is about twice as efficient as the standard PAS on X-Treme’s 24v ebikes.
The Rocky Road by X-Treme can be powered as follows:
1) Pedal Power Only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – Press the variable speed thumb throttle and go! For an extra boost, pedal to pick up the speed.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – Activate SPAS and the motor delivers power to the rear wheel while you pedal. Choose from five power assist settings. The higher the setting, the easier it is to pedal. For an extra blast of speed, simply give it throttle or pedal harder.
UrbanScooters.com Exclusive: We include a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike.
Specifications• Speed: 25 mph on throttle power only or pedal assist. This ebike will hit faster speeds with effort. Go as fast as your legs will take you.
• Range: Up to 28 miles with TAG only, 70 miles on SPAS setting #1 and unlimited range when pedaling.
• Motor: Bafang® 500 watt rear hub motor offers high torque, zero resistance when pedaling and has an internal digital torque sensor.
• Frame: 18" 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy frame. The frame is strong, light and 100% hand-welded. Oversized MOZO® hydraulic front forks and KS rear shock suspension. Full sized aluminum beach cruiser fenders in the front and rear. Aluminum alloy VP gooseneck and front sprocket. Wellgo pedal set.
• Drive System: Rear hub drive / standard chain drive for pedaling. King Meter LCD Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) with USB charging port. 9 speed Shimano Altus gears & shifter. Variable speed thumb throttle. Sealed smart controller (48v, 15ah).
• Battery: Advanced, lightweight lithium LiPo4 batteries (48 volt / 10.4 amp) in a sealed pack hidden in the frame. The battery pack can be easily removed and charged remotely. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time: Up to 3 hours.
• Brakes: Tektro disk brakes in the front and rear.
• Dimensions: Length: 70"
Width at handlebars: 25.5"
• Weight: 67 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: X-Treme states 350 lbs, however, we suggest a rider weight of 300 lbs or less.
• Tires: Pneumatic Kenda oversized fat tires measuring 26" x 4". All aluminum wheels. Joytech quick release front hub. Waterproof rear wheel quick release. Waterproof front axle quick disconnect.
• X-Treme Warranty: 1-Year manufacturer's warranty. Lifetime Technical Support. Removable LED headlight not covered under warranty.
Standard Features• Lifetime Technical Support.
• Snap-on LED headlight.
• 48v UL certified smart battery charger.
• Top of the line, adjustable height Velo mountain bike seat. Adjustable from 32.5" - 40.5".
• LCD Display on the handlebars w/ battery level indicator, SPAS power assist level indicator, speedometer, and odometer.
• Velo hand grips.
• Drink holder.
• Reflectors on the front & rear spokes.
• (Optional) Aluminum rear cargo rack.
• (Optional) Upgraded Battery Pack: The 48V 17AH battery pack offers a 60 - 65% increase in range. Select using the dropdown box above to upgrade. Another range extension option is to purchase a second 10.4AH easy swap Rocky Road battery pack and carry it with you when you ride!
Additional Info• Some minor assembly required.
• The manufacturer claims the Rocky Road can manage speeds over 45 mph. We’ve found that’s true, but only with an exceptionally strong rider traveling downhill.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 63" x 10" x 30", 83 lbs.
Free Lifetime Warranty: Free warranty upgrade from 1 year to the life of your bike. Warranty includes tires and tubes! ($150 value). More info.
Free Giant® U-Lock: Keep your bike secure with a U-Lock from industry leading cycling company, Giant ($50 value).
Free X-Treme Logo T-Shirt: In a variety of adult and youth sizes ($25 value).
Why Buy The X-Treme Rocky Road From Us?
UrbanScooters.com is X-Treme's oldest Authorized Dealer, happily selling electric bikes since 2002.
We go a step beyond the competition by offering a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike. The plan includes a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, No Restocking Fee, and Premium Delivery Support.
Q: Are the LED Headlight, Tool Kit, and Drink Holder standard equipment?
- Speed (mph) : 25 - 29
- Range (miles) : 25 - 29
- Motor (watts) : 401 - 600w
- Battery (type) : Lithium
- Weight (lbs) : 51 - 75
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
- Wheel Size (in) : 26”
Still excited about this bike! The tires are so cool, they look amazing, and I can ride this thing pretty much anywhere. It's got a lot of power if you ask me. More bells and whistles than the others I was looking at, too. I've shown it to my friends and they love it as much as I do! So excited to have new adventures with this electric bike.
I got my first eMTB from UrbanScooters in 2010 and decided I needed an upgrade. I talked with one of their guys and he helped me narrow it down to this fat tire from X-Treme. It’s a great bike with loads of power and it’s built pretty tough. The brand name components really set it apart from other fat tire bikes I’ve seen. I’m not a fan of the cup holder, but can let that slide.