Score Some Free Stuff (sale ends today):
• Giant™ U-Lock: Keep your bike secure with a U-Lock from industry leading cycling company, Giant ($49.95 value).
• Extended Warranty: Free warranty upgrade from 6 months to 1 year ($49.95 value).
• X-Treme Logo T-Shirt: In a variety of adult and youth sizes ($24.95 value).
The X-Treme Rubicon 48v Electric Mountain Bike is part of X-Treme’s upgraded 48 volt series of electric bikes. When compared to the 24-volt models, these ebikes sport higher end components, a more advanced Lithium battery system, a more powerful motor, a higher end Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) and additional upgrades as well.
The Rubicon by X-Treme has a 500 watt motor in the hub of the rear wheel that offers plenty of power to tackle hills. It takes you to speeds of up to 25 mph and even faster when you pedal! You’ll travel up to 25 miles on motor power alone or as far as 70 miles when using the SPAS feature. It’s the most powerful model in X-Treme’s fleet. In fact, manufacturer test results achieved a continuous speed of 18mph on a 5 - 7% mountain grade for 45 minutes!
SPAS delivers power from the motor while you’re pedaling. While the 24-watt models only offer one power assist setting, SPAS gives you five. An LCD screen on the handlebars lets you choose a power output setting from 1 to 5. The higher the setting, the more power is applied to every rotation of the pedals. Not only does this give you more control, but it’s nearly twice as efficient as non-smart systems which helps maximize range.
The X-Treme Rubicon is powered in three ways:
1) Pedal Only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – The motor engages when the throttle is twisted. The more you twist the faster you go. Pedaling is optional.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – When you activate SPAS mode, the motor delivers power with every full rotation of the pedals. Power output can be set from level 1 which provides the least power to level five which offers the most. This feature makes pedaling a breeze. A tag is also available while in SPAS mode.
The Rubicon electric mountain bike comes with top of the line components like a 9 Speed Shimano® Atlus Gear & Shifter System, Tektro® disk brakes, Kenda® off-road tires, lightweight Lithium batteries and Suntour® XCT front hydraulic forks along with KS rear suspension to smooth out your ride. The key locked battery pack is easy to remove. If you'd like to double your range, simply buy an extra Rubicon battery pack and carry it with you!
Additional features on the X-Treme Rubicon 48v electric mountain bike include a LED headlight, fully adjustable Velo brand seat, zero resistance gearing on the motor so there’s no drag when pedaling, all aluminum rear cargo rack, smart charger, and toolkit. The King Meter® LCD SPAS display is jam-packed with features like a battery level indicator, power assist level indicator, speedometer and an odometer.
As with all electric bikes, you can ride without worrying about insurance, registration, or a driver's license in most states (see our electric bicycle law page for more info).
If the price tag is more than your wallet can bear, check out X-Treme’s less costly version of this electric bike: The 24 Volt Trail Maker.
Delivery: Ships by the next business day and delivers within 6 days of shipment. More info.
• Speed: 25 mph on electric power only (up to 45+ mph when using pedal assist).
• Range: Up to 28 miles using TAG only, 70 miles when using the lowest SPAS setting. You can always pedal for unlimited range.
• Motor: Bafang® 500 watt rear hub motor with the clutch. The motor is zero resistance, high torque and has an internal digital torque sensor.
• Frame: 18" lightweight, hand-welded 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy frame. Every component is aluminum so the bike is immune to rust. Suntour XCT hydraulic front forks and KS rear shock suspension. Wellgo brand pedals. Aluminum alloy front sprocket and VP gooseneck.
• Drive System: Rear hub drive (motor located in the center of the rear wheel). Chain drive for pedaling. King Meter LCD Smart Power Assist Digital System (SPAS) with USB phone charging port. 9 speed Shimano Atlus gears & shifter. Variable speed thumb throttle. 48v 15ah sealed smart controller.
• Battery: 48 volt, 10.4 amp lightweight Lithium LiPo4 batteries in a sealed pack. The battery pack is quickly and easily removable and can be charged when away from the bike. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time: Up to 3 hours.
• Brakes: Front and rear Tektro disk brakes.
• Dimensions: Length: 70"
Width at handlebars: 27"
• Weight: 59 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: The manufacturer lists 350 lbs, however, we recommend a weight of no more than 300 lbs.
• Tires: 26" x 2.10" Kenda pneumatic mountain tires on aluminum wheels. Joytech quick release front hub and waterproof quick release axles on both the front and rear wheels (flip lever).
• X-Treme Warranty: 6-month manufacturer's Signature Series warranty including a 1-year warranty on batteries, a lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support.
• Aluminum rear cargo rack with a rear reflector.
• Battery operated Snap-On LED headlight (not covered under warranty).
• Lifetime Technical Support.
• Smart Power Assist System LCD Display includes; battery level indicator, SPAS assist level indicator, odometer, and speedometer.
• Comfortable adjustable height Velo brand mountain bike seat (30" - 38").
• 48v output UL certified smart charger.
• Velo brand hand grips.
• Drink holder on handlebars.
• Front and rear spoke reflectors.
• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized X-Treme Dealer in business since 2002.
• Some minor assembly required.
• Want to double your range? Buy an extra Rubicon "easy swap" battery.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 55" x 9" x 28", 69 lbs.
• Free t-shirt shipped separately (4 - 6 weeks after purchase).
- Speed (mph) : 25 - 29
- Range (miles) : 25 - 29
- Motor (watts) : 401 - 600w
- Weight (lbs) : 51 - 75
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
- Wheel Size (in) : 26”