The X-Treme Rubicon Electric Mountain Bike is part of X-Treme’s upgraded 48 volt series of electric bikes. At 48 volts, these ebikes sport higher end components, a more advanced Lithium battery system, a more powerful motor, a higher end Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) and additional upgrades as well.
The Rubicon by X-Treme has a 500 watt motor in the hub of the rear wheel that offers plenty of power to tackle hills. You can travel up to 25 mph with this electronic bike. The X-Treme Rubicon Electric Mountain Bike is the most powerful model in X-Treme’s fleet. In fact, manufacturer test results achieved a continuous speed of 18mph on a 5 - 7% mountain grade for 45 minutes!
Three Ways to Power The X-Treme Rubicon
1) Pedal Only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – The motor engages when the thumb throttle is triggered. The more you press, the faster you go. Pedaling is optional.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – When you activate SPAS mode, the motor delivers power with every full rotation of the pedals. Power output can be set from level 1 which provides the least power to level five which offers the most. This feature makes pedaling a breeze. TAG is also available while in SPAS mode.
The X-Treme Rubicon electric mountain bike comes with top of the line components like:
- 9 Speed Shimano® Altus Gear & Shifter System
- Tektro® disk brakes, Kenda® off-road tires
- lightweight Lithium batteries
- Suntour® XCT front hydraulic forks
- KS rear suspension
The key locked battery pack is easy to remove. If you'd like to double your range, simply buy an extra Rubicon battery pack and carry it with you!
As with all electric bikes, you can ride without worrying about insurance, registration, or a driver's license in most states (see our electric bicycle law page for more info).
If the price tag is more than your wallet can bear, check out X-Treme’s less costly version of this electric bike: The 24 Volt Trail Maker.
UrbanScooters.com Exclusive: We include a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike.
X-Treme Rubicon Electric Mountain Bike Specifications
• Speed: 25 mph TAG (throttle only) or pedal assist. Pedal hard and this ebike is able to reach even faster speeds.
• Range: Up to 28 miles using TAG only, 70 miles when using the lowest SPAS setting. You can always pedal for unlimited range.
• Motor: Bafang® 500 watt rear hub motor with the clutch. The motor is zero resistance, high torque and has an internal digital torque sensor.
• Frame: 18" lightweight, hand-welded 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy frame. Every component is aluminum so the bike is immune to rust. Suntour XCT hydraulic front forks and KS rear shock suspension. Wellgo brand pedals. Aluminum alloy front sprocket and VP gooseneck.
• Drive System: Rear hub drive (motor located in the center of the rear wheel). Chain drive for pedaling. King Meter LCD Smart Power Assist Digital System (SPAS) with USB phone charging port. 9 speed Shimano Altus gears & shifter. Variable speed thumb throttle. 48v 15ah sealed smart controller.
• Battery: 48 volt, 10.4 amp lightweight Lithium LiPo4 batteries in a sealed pack. The battery pack is quickly and easily removable and can be charged when away from the bike. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time: Up to 3 hours.
• Brakes: Front and rear Tektro disk brakes.
• Dimensions: Length: 70", Width at handlebars: 27", Height: 43.25"
• Weight: 59 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: The manufacturer lists 350 lbs, however, we recommend a weight of no more than 300 lbs.
• Tires: 26" x 2.10" Kenda pneumatic mountain tires on aluminum wheels. Joytech quick release front hub and waterproof quick release axles on both the front and rear wheels (flip lever).
• X-Treme Warranty: 1-Year manufacturer's warranty. Includes a Lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support.
Standard Features Of The 48V Electric Mountain Bike:
• Aluminum rear cargo rack with a rear reflector.
• Battery operated Snap-On LED headlight (not covered under warranty).
• Lifetime Technical Support.
• Smart Power Assist System LCD Display includes; battery level indicator, SPAS assist level indicator, odometer, and speedometer.
• Comfortable adjustable height Velo brand mountain bike seat (30" - 38").
• 48v output UL certified smart charger.
• Velo brand hand grips.
• Drink holder on handlebars.
• Front and rear spoke reflectors.
Additional Info on the X-Treme Rubicon Mountain Bike
• Some minor assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• X-Treme Scooters offers a 45+ MPH specification on the Rubicon. We’ve found that’s true, but only realistic traveling down hill with a very strong rider pedaling at full strength.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 55" x 9" x 28", 69 lbs.
Why Buy The X-Treme Rubicon From Us?
UrbanScooters.com is X-Treme's oldest Authorized Dealer, happily selling electric bikes since 2002.
We go a step beyond the competition by offering a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike. The plan includes a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, No Restocking Fee, and Premium Delivery Support.
Our 110% Price Match Guarantee, No Sales Tax and Free Shipping offers also apply! Details.
Q: Are the LED Headlight, Tool Kit, and Drink Holder standard equipment?
- Speed (mph) : 25 - 29
- Range (miles) : 25 - 29
- Motor (watts) : 401 - 600w
- Battery (type) : Lithium
- Weight (lbs) : 51 - 75
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
- Wheel Size (in) : 26”
I bought the X-Treme Rubicon 36v mountain bike 2 years ago I have 2000 miles on it. No problems with it at all. I really love this bike. The brakes wear out fairly fast. I know why, it's a soft compound, but you can buy after market pads cheap that last a lot longer, but they squeak. I am 65 years old and was really reluctant to buy online but I'm so happy I took the chance and you will be to.
I’m an avid cyclist, mostly off-road, trails, hills, etc. I blew out my knee 9 years ago and have been riding ebikes ever since. This is a seriously good eMTB for the money. Comparable bikes I looked at are $3 - $4,000. If you ride at night you’ll want to get a better headlight. I upgraded the seat, too. This is the second electric bike I’ve bought from UrbanScooters. I love their personal service.