The 2020 X-Treme Laguna 48v Electric Beach Cruiser brings out the beachgoer inside you whether you live near the shore or not. This seaside style bicycle is an upgraded version of the 24 volt X-Treme Newport. The Laguna Beach Cruiser kicks it up a notch with advanced features like a 48 volt Lithium LiPo4 battery, 500-watt motor, Smart Power Assist System (SPAS), higher quality components and more.
The advanced motor, SPAS and battery system on the X-Treme Laguna combine to deliver speeds of up to 25mph and a range of up to 70 miles. The 500-watt motor is powerful enough to conquer medium sized hills and inclines without even pedaling. In X-Treme testing, this ebike achieved a continuous speed of 18mph on a 5 - 7% mountain grade for 45 minutes!
When you flip on the SPAS feature the motor drives power to the rear wheel as you pedal. It’s a “smart” power assist system because it lets you choose how much power. SPAS can be set from level 1 (low power) to level 5 (high power). The higher the setting the more help the motor gives you while pedaling. This system helps maximize range by being nearly twice as efficient as non-smart PAS.
The X-Treme Laguna Electric Beach Cruiser can be ridden as follows:
1) Pedal Power Only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – Thumb the throttle and the motor engages. The harder you press, the faster you go. You can also pedal while in Twist and Go mode.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – The motor drives power to the rear wheel as you pedal. There are five power settings to choose from. Level 1 delivers the least power and level 5 the most. While in SPAS mode you can also trigger the throttle to increase speed.
The Laguna Beach Cruiser by X-Treme is jam packed with high-end features like Suntour® 700C hydraulic fork suspension, 9 speed Shimano® Altus gear & shifter system, King Meter® LED Smart Power Assist System (w/ power assist level indicator, speedometer, odometer and battery level indicator), Kenda® beach tires, an extra wide and super comfy Velo® seat, zero resistance gearing on the motor so it freewheels, LED headlight, quick release axels, smart charger, rear cargo rack, basket, LiPo4 batteries and more. The battery pack has a key lock, is easy to remove and can be charged remotely.
Another nice perk is that in most states electric bikes can be ridden without a driver's license, insurance or registration (take a look at our electric bike law page for the details).
UrbanScooters.com Exclusive: We include a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike.
Specifications • Speed: 25 mph on throttle only or pedal assist. Pedal hard and go even faster.
• Range: Up to 28 miles using TAG only, 70 miles when using the lowest SPAS setting. You can always pedal for unlimited range.
• Motor: Bafang® 500 watt rear hub motor with a clutch. The motor is zero resistance, high torque and has an internal digital torque sensor.
• Frame: 18" lightweight, hand-welded 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy frame. Every component is aluminum so the bike is immune to rust. Suntour 700C hydraulic front forks. Aluminum alloy front sprocket and VP gooseneck.
• Drive System: Rear hub drive (motor located in the center of the rear wheel). Chain drive for pedaling. King Meter LCD Smart Power Assist Digital System (SPAS) with USB phone charging port. 9 speed Shimano Altus gears & shifter. Variable speed thumb throttle. 48v 15ah sealed smart controller.
• Battery: 48 volt, 10.4 amp lightweight Lithium LiPo4 batteries in a sealed pack. The battery pack is quickly and easily removable and can be charged when away from the bike. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time: Up to 3 hours.
• Brakes: Front and rear Tektro disk brakes.
• Dimensions: Length: 70"
Width at handlebars: 25.5"
• Weight: 61 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: The manufacturer lists 350 lbs, however, we recommend the weight not exceed 300 lbs.
• Tires: 26" x 2.10" Kenda pneumatic beach cruiser tires on aluminum wheels. Flip lever quick release axles on the front and rear wheels.
• X-Treme Warranty: 1-Year manufacturer's warranty covering all manufacturer's defects. Lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support.
Standard Features• 48v output UL certified smart charger.
• Smart Power Assist System LCD Display includes; battery level indicator, SPAS assist level indicator, odometer, and speedometer.
• Angle adjustable beach cruiser handlebars are designed for comfort allowing you to sit upright while riding.
• Battery operated Snap-On LED headlight (not covered under warranty).
• Lifetime Technical Support.
• Aluminum rear carry rack with a rear reflector.
• Lightweight folding wire basket can attach to the handlebars or rear rack.
• Comfortable adjustable height Velo brand beach cruiser seat (30.75" - 38.5").
• Velo brand hand grips.
• Drink holder.
• Front and rear spoke reflectors.
Additional Info • Some minor assembly required.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• X-Treme says the Laguna 48v Cruiser can reach 45+ MPH. That’s true, but only with a very strong rider going downhill.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 55" x 9" x 28", 69 lbs.
• This model formerly the X-Treme Santa. Due to recent name change either the Santa or Laguna logo may appear.
Why Buy The X-Treme Laguna From Us?
UrbanScooters.com is X-Treme's oldest Authorized Dealer, happily selling electric bikes since 2002.
We go a step beyond the competition by offering a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike. The plan includes a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, No Restocking Fee, and Premium Delivery Support.
Our 110% Price Match Guarantee, No Sales Tax and Free Shipping offers also apply! Details.
Q: Are the LED Headlight, Cargo Rack, Tool Kit, Front Basket, Front & Rear Fenders, and Drink Holder standard equipment?
- Speed (mph) : 25 - 29
- Range (miles) : 25 - 29
- Motor (watts) : 401 - 600w
- Battery (type) : Lithium
- Weight (lbs) : 51 - 75
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
- Wheel Size (in) : 26”
I ride for exercise and the fun of it, but after a heart attack last June my doctor said I can't push it like I used to. After some research, I went with the Laguna, and I'm glad I did. Most of the beach cruisers I found have 300w motors. The Laguna has 500 watts. I'm in Colorado, and we've got tall hills so a high watt motor was on my "must have" list. I use the PAS and sail up the steep ones with no problem. It's well built. Quality components. It's really great for the price. I love it.