The X-Treme Summit 48 Volt Elite Electric Mountain Bike is the top-of-the-line ebike from X-Treme. It’s a high-end, quality built electric bicycle from a manufacturer with 10+ years in the business. Take a good look at this one. When you factor in the quality, state-of-the-art components, boundless features and affordable price, you’ll find the Summit gives you a lot of bang for your buck.
There are tons of features that set the Summit apart from the competition, but its greatest advantage is motor placement. On most ebikes, you find the motor mounted in the hub of the rear wheel. A hub motor is heavy, impacts performance, handling and creates drag. The X-Treme Summit Elite Electric Mountain Bike’s motor is located in the center, lower part of the frame for better balance and delivers a remarkably superior ride. In addition, the mid-motor system means you have zero resistance when riding with the power off. Riding while powered down feels almost identical to riding a standard high-end bicycle.
The X-Treme Summit’s 350-watt motor takes you up to 23 mph on throttle only. The Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) coupled with mid-motor placement lets you hit speeds up to 28+ mph when pedaling! The Summit delivers plenty of torque to get you up to moderate hills and inclines on electric power alone. You can travel up to 32 miles on battery power only or 60 miles when using the highly efficient SPAS feature. If you want to travel farther, buy another "easy swap" Summit battery pack. Carry it with you to double your ride time.
The advanced tech and features don’t end there. The X-Treme Summit electric mountain bike comes with a Shimano® Altus Mega Drive Train Gears and Shifter system (3-speed derailleur in the front and a 9-speed derailleur in the rear). In fact, it’s the only 27-speed electric bike on the market. The front fork suspension is from Suntour®, the bicycle industries leading source. You also get Tektro® front and rear disk brakes, handlebar black bar ends that allow a second-hand position (this increases comfort and is ideal when stand-up riding to tackle a hill or increase speed), advanced "easy swap" lithium LiFePo4 batteries from Samsung®, Kenda® off-road tires, a LED headlight, fully adjustable Velo® seat, a rear carry rack and more.
The X-Treme Summit 48 volt Elite electric mountain bike comes with a King Meter® Smart Power Assist System (SPAS). SPAS manages power output from the motor while pedaling to maximize efficiency. Five different power levels are available. The higher the level the more power the motor delivers. This feature makes pedaling much easier and helps take the sweat out of your ride. The SPAS on the Summit 48v is more advanced than the one found on their 24v electric bikes. The LCD display not only gives you the power assist level, battery level, speed, and odometer but also includes a torque sensor. This sensor detects the torque needed to climb a hill and increases torque output accordingly. The end result is a much more pleasant hill climbing experience.
Three SPAS power options are available:
1) Pedal Power Only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – The motor kicks in when you press the throttle. The more you press the faster you go. You can pedal while giving it throttle as well.
3) Smart Power Assist System (SPAS) – When SPAS is turned on, power is delivered from the motor with every rotation of the pedals. This power assist system is smart because the rider chooses the power output. SPAS offers five levels of an assist from level 1 (minimum power) to level 5 (maximum power). If you need an extra boost of speed, you can always thumb the throttle.
• Speed: 23 mph on electric power only (up to 28+ mph with pedal assist).
• Range: 32 miles on battery power only, up to 60 miles when using the minimum SPAS setting. You can always pedal for unlimited range.
• Motor: Ultra torque 350-watt brushless mid-frame mounted the motor. It offers zero resistance with the power off, as well as superior handling and performance whether using power or not.
• Frame: 18" 6061-T6 temper aluminum alloy frame (top quality and lightweight). SA Suntour XCT hydraulic front forks. The right fork holds a hydraulic lock-out cartridge while the left has a coil spring with a preload adjuster. Aluminum alloy mountain bike handlebars with bar end.
• Drive System: Chain driven by mid-motor integration with the crank system or pedal power. King Meter Smart Power Assist System (SPAS). Shimano Atlus Mega drive train gears and shifter. 27-speed Derailleur and Shifter system (3 speed Shimano® Altus Mega Drive Train Gears & Shifter on the front and 9 speed Shimano® Altus Mega Drive Train Gears & Shifter in the rear). 3-speed aluminum alloy front sprocket. 48v, 15ah sealed smart controller. Variable speed thumb throttle.
• Battery: Samsung 48 volt, 10.4 amp lightweight lithium LiPo4 batteries. Batteries are in a sealed pack and hidden inside the frame. The battery pack can be quickly and easily removed. It can be charged while attached to the bike or externally in your home or office. Key lock for security. The battery has a USB port for cell phone and device charging.
• Charge Time: 3 hours.
• Brakes: High endurance Tektro front and rear disk braking system.
• Dimensions: Length: 70"
Width at handlebars: 25"
• Weight: 59 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: X-Treme lists 350 lbs, but we recommend a weight of no more than 300 lbs.
• Tires: 26" x 2.10" Kenda pneumatic off-road tires on aluminum wheels. The front & rear wheels have a flip lever quick release axles for easy removal.
• X-Treme Warranty: 1- year manufacturer's Signature Series warranty, a lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support. Please note: The warranty does not cover the snap-on LED headlight.
• Smart Power Assist System LCD Display w/ battery level indicator, speedometer, SPAS assist level indicator, odometer and torque sensor.
• Velo mountain bike seat with aluminum alloy seat post. Seat height adjusts from 34" - 39".
• Snap-On LED headlight.
• High powered, extra fast, 48v, 2ah UL certified battery charger.
• Aluminum rear cargo rack.
• Rear reflector & reflectors on the spokes of both wheels.
• Extended Warranty (optional): Add 6 months to your warranty. Total warranty period is 1.5 years on the bike. The warranty on the batteries remains 1 year.
• UrbanScooters.com is an Authorized X-Treme Dealer in business since 2002.
• Some assembly required.
• Grab an extra "easy swap" X-Treme Summit 48v battery pack and carry it with you to double the distance.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), a frequency of brake use, etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 59" x 9" x 28", 67 lbs.
• Free t-shirt shipped separately (4 - 6 weeks after purchase).
- : Two
- : 251 - 300
- : 201 - 400w
- : 30 - 39
- : 20 - 24
- : 51 - 75
- : 26”