The 2019 X-Treme Trail Maker Elite 24-Volt Electric Mountain Bike is one of our top-selling eMTB models. It's a fantastic high-value, out-of-the-box electric bicycle
A 300-watt hub motor takes you to speeds of up to 20 mph and over small hills and inclines. Lightweight, state-of-the-art, lithium LiFePo4 batteries take you up to 20 miles. Newly upgraded “Elite” features include; a more powerful LiFePo4 lithium battery pack for extended range, zero resistance gearing that eliminates drag from the motor when pedaling, superior JAK® front and rear disk brakes and both the frame and wheels are 100% aluminum.
The Trail Maker from X-Treme can be powered in three ways:
1) Pedal only.
2) Twist And Go (TAG) – the motor activates when the throttle is turned. Pedaling is optional.
3) Pedal Assist (PA) – press the PA button and the motor applies power every complete turn of the pedals. This makes pedaling the Trail Maker much easier. The tag is also available in PA mode.
The Trail Maker Elite electric bike is equipt with tops of the line components like a 7 Speed Shimano Tourney® Gear & Shifter System, 7 Lightweight Lithium LiFePo4 Batteries, Kenda® tires, and SA Suntour® XCM hydraulic forks for a smooth ride on or off-road. The battery pack is "easy swap" and can be quickly removed for charging in your home or office. You can also carry an extra battery pack with you to double your range!
The X-Treme Trail Maker carries an impressive list of standard features, including; a heavy duty rigid frame made of ultra-lightweight 100% aluminum alloy, a fully adjustable seat, front LED light, key ignition, battery indicator, rear cargo rack, toolkit, and a smart charger! The “electric bicycle" classification allows you to operate it without registration, insurance or a driver's license in most states (check our electric bike law page for more info).
This electric mountain bike also comes with a step-through and folding frame. If it's more than you can afford, check out the Alpine Trails, a stripped down version of the Trail Maker with a much lower price tag.
UrbanScooters.com Exclusive: We include a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike.
Specifications• Speed: 20 mph
• Range: Up to 20 miles on a single charge with the option to pedal for greater range.
• Motor: 300-watt brushless hub motor located in the center of the rear wheel. Quick disconnect feature. Zero resistance gearing that allows the bike to freewheel.
• Frame: Heavy duty rigid 18” frame made of ultra-lightweight 100% aluminum alloy. SA Suntour® XCM front fork hydraulic suspension.
• Drive System: Rear hub motor and chain driven. 'Twist and Go' and 'Pedal Assist' power options, 7 Speed Shimano Tourney® Gears & Shifter. Variable speed twist throttle.
• Battery: 24 volts, 9.6 amp lightweight Lithium LiFePo4 Batteries in a sealed pack (seven 3.6v, 9.6ah batteries). The battery pack is quick and easy to remove. It can be charged while attached to the bike or removed and charged to your home or office. Key lock for security.
• Charge Time: 4 hours.
• Brakes: Front and rear JAK® disk brakes.
• Dimensions: Length 72"
Width at handlebars 25"
• Weight: 52 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: The manufacturer states 350 lbs, however, we recommend a rider weight no more than 275 lbs.
• Tires: Kenda® 26" x 1.95" pneumatic off-road tires on aluminum wheels.
• X-Treme Warranty: 1-Year manufacturer's warranty, plus a Lifetime warranty on the frame and Lifetime Technical Support. The removable headlight is not covered under warranty.
Standard Features• Smart Charger.
• Rear cargo rack.
• LED clip-on headlight.
• Assembly toolkit.
• Lifetime Technical Support.
• Fully adjustable, low profile seat with a suspension seat post (34 3/4" to 39" in height) .
• Keyed ignition.
• Battery indicator.
• Front and rear spoke reflectors.
• Single leg kickstand.
Additional Info• Some assembly required.
• Buy an extra "easy swap" Trail Maker Elite battery pack to double your range!
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (approx. 100 lbs.), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.
• Shipping Dimensions & Weight (L/W/H): 54" x 9" x 28", 63 lbs.
Free 2-Year Warranty: Free warranty upgrade from 1 year to 2 years! ($75 value). More info.
Free Giant® U-Lock: Keep your bike secure with a U-Lock from industry leading cycling company, Giant ($50 value).
Free X-Treme Logo T-Shirt: In a variety of adult and youth sizes ($25 value).
Why Buy The X-Treme Trail Maker From Us?
UrbanScooters.com is X-Treme's oldest Authorized Dealer, happily selling electric bikes since 2002.
We go a step beyond the competition by offering a Free Platinum Service Upgrade with every X-Treme eBike. The plan includes a 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantee, No Restocking Fee, and Premium Delivery Support.
Q: Are the LED Headlight, Cargo Rack, and Tool Kit standard equipment?
- Speed (mph) : 20 - 24
- Range (miles) : 20 - 24
- Motor (watts) : 201 - 400w
- Battery (type) : Lithium
- Weight (lbs) : 51 - 75
- # of Wheels : Two
- Carry Limit (lbs) : 251 - 300
- Wheel Size (in) : 26”
I am now allergic to other bikes, and will only ride this one until further notice. It's beautiful, it's comfortable, it's fast, and it's efficient. It's everything I ever want and need in an electric mountain bike. It also wasn't too expensive. Bonus!
Ok, the seat has got to go and the manual needs work, but this is a damn good electric bike!
When it was delivered, I had some minor issues and Customer service was very helpful resolving them. I spent Christmas break riding it all around Santa Cruz. I keep pedal assist on, then when I come to a steep hill I either shift to a lower gear or add power with the throttle. A lot of students on campus are riding these now.